Admission into Renaissance University for 2023/2024 Academic Session is on!
Start your academic journey with us now and be on the queue of the great.
Renaissance University (RNU), is an instituion established with excellence as goal. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into regular postgraduate programmes of the Renaissance University for the 2022/2023 academic session, leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in the following Departments and Institutes/Centre:
Renaissance University is made up of the following faculties: Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences, Faculty of Managemant and Social Sciences, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Health Science. We offer various courses which are accreditted by the National University Council (NUC). Our courses are taught by well qualified lecturers and professors in our eco-friendly environment. This is put in place to ensure that you get the best and quality education that you deserve. Courses we offer are listed below to help you with your decision.
GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must:
- Have obtained 5 credits at not more than two sittings in WASC or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including English Language.
- Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
Candidate must be graduates of the Renaissance University or other recognized Universities who possess the above qualifications.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may qualify for Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of the Renaissance University or other recognized universities who have obtained a degree of bachelor with at least a third class honours with at least 2.0 GPA on 5-point scale.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a 3.50 Grade Point Average on a five-point scale or its equivalent may be admitted. For Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration, candidates who hold other professional qualifications such as Associate Institute of Bankers, Associate Certified Chartered Accountants, Associate Cost and Management Accountants, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Chartered Professional Accountants, Associate Chartered Institute of Accountants, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria etc. have added advantage for admission. Candidates with professional qualifications, including HND, should have obtained pre-professional qualifications, including 5 credits in WASC or GCE O/L or NECO to satisfy the basic University entry requirement, for admission for degree courses in their respective departments.
- In addition to (i) or (ii) above, in special cases, candidates may be admitted after passing such tests as may be prescribed by the Department/Faculty.
- Candidates who hold other qualifications considered equivalent to the above and acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University may be admitted.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME (M.A, M.SC, MBA & MPA)
The following shall qualify for Master’s Degree admission
Graduates of the Renaissance University or of other recognized universities who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines with at least a second class honours with not less than 2.50 GPA;
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the Renaissance University or any other recognized university with at least credit level passes with a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale;
- Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have average score of 50% or above;
- For M.Ed. degree programmes, candidates with at least a good second class single honours degree in teaching subjects plus at least a merit level pass at Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or those who hold a third class honours degree in teaching subjects plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education passed at credit level or above;
- For MPA degree programme, candidates should, in addition to (i) and (ii) above, be serving administrative/managerial staff in the Public or Private sector with a at least two years post-qualification cognate experience;
- Holders of professional Fellowship qualifications such a FIMLT, FNILT, NIPR, or their equivalents obtained through examination. However, candidates with the professional certificates listed above must have worked as Senior Technologist(s) or in equivalent position(s) for at least three years;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than those listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University of Nigeria.
DOCTORATE DEGREE (Ph.D.) PROGRAMME
Candidates from the Renaissance University or from other recognized Universities who have obtained Master’s degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission. Specifically:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale, GPA of 3.0 on 4-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programme in all Departments except those departments listed in C(ii) below:
- A minimum GPA of 4.0 on a 5-point scale is required for admission into Ph.D programmes in the following Departments/Faculties: Music, Economics, Public Administration and Local Government, Psychology and Faculties of Education, Medical Sciences, Health Sciences and Technology and Business Administration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or a B (60%) average at Master’s degree average provided that satisfactory research work for med part of the Master’s Degree programme.
- MASTER’S/Ph.D. DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with first class honours from a recognized University may be admitted into a Master’s/Ph.D. programme in his/her discipline. (see Postgraduate Regulation for details)
- A candidate with Master’s degree from a recognized University with at least a GPA of 3.50 on 5-point scale or 3.00 on 4-point scale who wishes to do Ph.D degree in a related area or department shall qualify for the Master’s/Ph.D. Any candidate who is not qualified for Ph.D admission on account of low GPA is still not qualified for admission into Master’s/Ph.D. programme.
- For Faculties and Departments where the possession of Master’s degree with 4.00 points GPA on 5-point scale and above is the condition for Ph.D admission, applicants with Master’s degree GPA of 3.50 and above, but not up to 4.00 may apply for Master’s/Ph.D admission. On completion of Master’s degree coursework specified by the Department, the candidate shall be qualified for a firm Ph.D registration if he or she attains the GPA of 4.00 in the Master’s courses.
NOTE: A candidate admitted into Master’s/Ph.D programme has two options: First, he could complete the Master’s degree programme and then apply to continue with the Doctoral programme without completing a new application form if he/she passes the Master degree with a minimum of 3.50 or 4.0 GPA on a 5-point scale depending on the Department/Faculty. Secondly, the student’s general performance in the course work could be evaluated after the first two semesters of being on the Masters’/Ph.D programme. If the student makes a GPA of 3.50 or 4.0 and above in the coursework (as applicable to the Department/Faculty), Senate on the recommendations of Departmental and Faculty Postgraduate Studies Committees and the Board of the School may approve that the candidate proceeds to Ph.D programme without fully completing the Master’s degree programme.
DURATION OF COURSES
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Postgraduate Diploma (Regular) – Two semesters
- Master’s degree (Regular) :
- A minimum of 3 semesters for full-time and 5 semesters for part-time in all Departments/Faculties except for the Departments
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application can be submitted ONLINE upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N10, 300.00 (Ten Thousand, Three Hundred Naira Only) made payable to:
- Renaissance University Revenue Account
- Zenith Bank
Candidates should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Renaissance University Ugbawka Enugu State”.
All information required would be completed online except the transcript. Copies of qualifying certificates/statement of result and NYSC discharge certificate (Exemption or Exclusion Certificate) are to be attached. Note that To Whom It May Concern shall not be accepted in lieu of the certificates specified above.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
- All applicants will undergo computer based postgraduate admission screening.
- Date for the Postgraduate Admission Screening will be announced later.
- NOTE: For Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have published at least an article from his/her Ph.D thesis in a journal certified by the Renaissance University as a condition for graduation.
- Plagiarism test shall be run on Master’s Project Report and Ph.D Thesis before they can be approved.
DR, Henry, A Ibekwe
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Renaissance University Ugbawka Enugu State